Monday, May 02, 2005

Trip to Divi

Last Saturday, Romy and I braved the summer heat and went to Divi. The items to do on my list were buy arrhae, buy unity candle, check out souvenir raw materials, check out gowns and barongs in Cluster Mall, talk to modistas, and of course, buy Darna stuff. Oh, and yes, buy shirts and/or skirts. The arrhae we saw look cheap. My prospective coordinator Clarice advised me not to buy the unity candle this early, there were very common souvenir items and nothing caught our fancy. The gowns, however, were amazingly cheap! As in a nicely-beaded gown costs P5,500 only! Flower girl dresses at P350! I cant vouch for the quality, though, but looking at them gowns from a distance, they look twenty thousand-ish! Well anyway, I was able to buy Darna masks, textcards, and paper dolls. I got to buy a summer bag, two sets of colorful bracelets (y’know naman me, I like all kinds of colors), 10 pcs fan for my aunts as my give-aways on mother’s day, and two shirts for me. Romy was able to buy a shirt and an extension cord. Hehe. Tagal namin sa Divi, mas marami pa akong nabili sa kanya… to think I let go of a nice pair of shoes that I cant stop thinking of until now. How I regret not getting them!

So anyway, we went home tired but happy. Though we weren’t able to buy anything for the wedding, the time was fun and worth it. Quality time talaga. And I love the fact that both Romy and I love to shop. As in wala rin siyang kapaguran sa paglibot sa buong Tutuban Prime Block, Cluster Mall, Tabora Street, and Divisoria Mall. Kaaliw talaga that here’s another thing that we enjoy doing together.

And so the search for the perfect gown maker continues…

No comments: