Thursday, April 25, 2013

The nanny has been away for the past week or so for her summer vacation. I know she needs to spend time with her family, and take a break from her work here at home. I wasn't as stressed this year as I was when she left last summer. And it's a nice thing she's coming back 5 days from now. But for now, I'm slowly feeling the exhaustion of being the housekeeper/nanny 24/7. My daughter is already 5 but she still wants me with her in all her activities. I mean, she's a smart kid and wants activities pouring her way round the clock. By the time she wakes up and finishes her morning routine (breakfast, bath, toothbrush), she starts asking for things to do. We usually start with her Kumon worksheets, then we do something physical like a game, then we do colouring, crafts, legos, barbies, pretend play, etc. I love planning these activities with her and I adore being with her, but not having time for myself and the things I need and want to do is somehow draining and frustrating. I know I should be thankful for being a WAHM, and for the opportunity to be able to be with my child every day and every night... I just need to be able AS WELL, to pursue the things I want to do.

No comments: