Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The God Who Funnels

Wonderful how involved God is with our wedding preparations. So far, twice He’s saved me and romy from making the wrong choice--- first was with the wedding coordinator who seemed nice and very accommodating. Good thing there’s internet, I was able to ask around for reputation and professionalism of that wedding coordinator. Apparently, said coordinator isn’t professional at all. I mean, with all his dealings, he’d appear friendly and creative at first. But once you’ve given him the downpayments, that’s the time he’d start being difficult to work with. Worse, hindi binabayad sa suppliers yung downpayment mo. Yes, God who created the internet, uses it to communicate with me His will as well! Imagine God in front of his computer, haha!

Secondly, I feel at peace with my wedding venue now. Yes, by the way, we’re finally booked! Haha! It’s Casa Blanca in Intramuros na talaga. Paid the downpayment directly to the intramuros office na yesterday. Whoah, totohanan na talaga ‘to! I cant believe Romy and I even considered Teatrillo. You see, the first time we did an ocular in Intramuros, we were considering both Casa Blanca and Teatrillo. Pero buti na lang, God answered our prayers for His choice of venue. He funneled out our choices and gave us the pros and cons. Obviously, dami nega sa Teatrillo. The feel of the place, the smell, the dungeon-ambience. Romy’s leader Richard told us that he was able to attend a wedding there and even during the wedding itself, amoy na amoy pa rin yung kulob. And yesterday when I went back with my family, ayaw agad ni papa, pababa pa lang kami to the ballroom. Si Belle hindi makahinga, may kakaibang aura daw. We went to Casa Blanca and saw the difference… maaliwalas, maliwanag, maluwag, plus we can use the loggia/veranda pa! For the same rate, I’d opt for Casa Blanca.

So, isn’t it great to have The Lord Almighty do the funneling and weeding out of bad choices? I believe that He who began a good work in us will continue it till the day of Christ Jesus… and in this case, till the wedding day. May all the choices we make be in accordance to His will and delight.

No comments: