Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Preparing for a wedding is a 24-hour job. Believe it or not, it is! Aside from the hours of research and scouting for suppliers and meetings with the wedding coordinator and ocular visits and browsing of magazines and actual closing of deals, there are also the endless checking out of bridal fairs and magazines when I’m out in the mall. I was watching TV kanina and saw this blouse that’s colored orange and mint green. And I thought to myself, ok kayang motif yon? I watched a movie kanina in Robinsons and passed by a wall that’s painted yellow and lime green. And I said, hmm, cool sa mata. Baka magandang motif yan.

I was riding the FX and spotted a furniture store and saw a dining table setting. And I said to myself, uy, tiffany chairs! Saka, di ko type ang centerpiece. Yaiks! 3 months ago I don’t know what a tiffany chair is, and I don’t care a bit about centerpieces! Ngayon, I drink, eat, breathe, dream wedding preparations!

Dream… oh yes. Believe it or not, napapanaginipan ko yan! Last week I dreamt of color motifs. I was with some female friends and we were talking about choices in motif. The next night I dreamt of caterers! I was choosing between two caterers. The first one highly-recommended by my coordinator, and the second one highly-recommended by my weddings@work yahoogroup. Indeed, even outside the dream, I’m torn between those two caterers. Sila talaga ang pinagpipilian ko, at nadala ko yun sa panaginip ko!

Last night naman, I dreamt of the venue. Because I’ve booked na Sunday afternoon, natulog akong nag-iisip kung paano ide-dress up ang venue. Tipong, where should I place the presidential table? How about the gazebo for the cake. Where do we hold the ceremony, inside the ballroom or out in the loggia? How about the posts inside the ballroom, maybe we should surround them with flowers.

Also, dati, if I visit newstands and bookstores, magazines and fiction books ang hinahanap ko. Ngayon, puro magazines and books on weddings na! Haaay, the engagement period indeed changes one’s life. How much more the married life itself!

No comments: