Sunday, May 26, 2013

And the winner is... Lego!

When I was younger, I've had my share of being a Lego geek. Little did I know that I'd be unconsciously passing on the love of Lego to my now 5 year old daughter. I first bought her a basic set and now her collection of Lego Friends is getting bigger and bigger, or should I say, more and more expensive. Looking back, I regret giving away my Lego toys to a niece who doesn't care about them at all. I was already in Highschool when I finally let go of my collection, but I was still clueless then as how much of an investment they were pala. Anyway, now that my daughter loves Lego and the sets of Lego Friends available (both here in the Philippines and those that we saw when we went to Legoland in Malaysia) weren't as diverse as those sets for boys, I tried buying some Mega Blocs sets. Besides, the pegs are compatible anyway. But both me and my daughter didn't need much time to conclude that Lego's instruction manuals are more organized, easier to understand, and the pegs are smoother and easier to put together. Sure they have the Hello Kitty, Dora and Barbie series, but having to stick decorative stickers are just too time consuming. So there, we love putting together our Legos and Mega Blocs and we enjoy creating our own designs and "communities", but both of us Lego geeks are convinced that if there's a contest on such toys, Lego bags the trophy. :)

No comments: