Sunday, January 11, 2015

DIY Planner

Ever since I can remember, I've always been someone who love lists. Things to do lists, specifically. I dislike wasting my time, I get upset whenever a day passes without me accomplishing anything. As early as when I was in gradeschool, I remember scouring the bookstores for the perfect calendar. A few years later, planners have been invented and I was an instant fan. I love writing down what I needed to do for every single hour, sometimes even every half hour. At night I'd record what happened during the day.

As years, okay decades passed by, my taste for the perfect planner levelled up. And there just wasn't anything available in the stores that fit my needs and my lifestyle perfectly. Either there aren't enough spaces for my records, or the alignment isn't according to my taste, or the color of the cover isn't my style. Ohwell.

So this year, I have decided to make my own planner. For about 3-5 years already, my husband always receives at least two planners for Christmas. And since he's not the type who'd use one, he always end up giving me those. I am a happy wife each time he does, because that saves me a hundred or so pesos to purchase one for myself. But then again, most of these planners have very, and I mean, VERY limited space.

Okay, I digress. As I was saying, this year I am making my own planner. My husband, again gave me around 3 notebooks this year. Two are planners, and one is a hardbound, leather notebook. Because the latter was lightweight and looks nice, it won and is now my 2015 DIY Planner.

I have yet to take pictures of it, but just to give you an idea, here are the portions/segments/corners I have included on a week to week basis:

Month
Dates of the week
Main Focus and Project for the week
Days of the week with space space space for my daily activities
Personal To Do-List
Work To Do-List
God's Word Page (this takes more space as I tend to write a lot depends on what the Holy Spirit tells me to)
Notes/Doodles/Ideas Corner
Highlights of the Week/Gratitude Corner
And for every quarter, I have devoted a special page for Analysis and Progress.

Also, on the first few pages of the planner, I have written down my WORD/THEME for the Year, and my Scripture Verse for the Year.
As well as a Vision Page where I write down how I see myself in:

one year, three years, five years, ten years, twenty years, forty years.

So there, making mental note and including in my list now that I have to take a photo of a sample page to share with you.

In the meantime, here's to all of us LIST LOVERS and PLANNER FANATICS!

No comments: