Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Meeting with a Wedding Organizer

Yesterday it seemed like I woke up at the wrong side of the bed. I wasn’t very chirpy. I know what the root was… I feel panicky and irritated that I’m making very little progress with the wedding preparations. I’ve visited a lot of websites, brought a book, went through magazines but haven’t really done any work yet. Romy and I have listed down our entourage but that isn’t final yet. I’ve made my guest list but that needs some revising still. The point is, I haven’t decided on a venue, haven’t talked to a wedding coordinator, haven’t decided on anything except for the wedding date.

The wedding coordinator a friend recommended to me adds to my frustration, too. It takes her at least 3 hours to reply to my texts. Sometimes she replies a day after! How can I rely and trust her if she’s like that? Friends tell me I can do it without a coordinator. They tell me that they’ve done it, and that I can do it, too. What they don’t understand is my schedule is unpredictable. Unlike them, I don’t hold regular office hours. My weeks can go from super nothing-to-do to extremely busy. I don’t want to be caught in the middle of the preparations while having to write a hundred page-script for my next telefantasya. I don’t want to be scheduling a meeting with the florist but having to cancel it at the last minute because of a presscon or a storycon or an interview I have to make for the other show I’m writing for. Ah basta, in short, I need a wedding coordinator.

So anyway, Mama (who proves to be very supportive and sweet) and I went to this wedding shop near our village hoping to speak to someone who can give some light to this big task ahead of me. The owner wasn’t there, but we were able to get fliers with their packages and inclusions. We next went to another events shop and there we stayed for almost two hours. The owner-coordinator is very helpful and accommodating. He really made my day. His ideas are wonderful and he’s willing to work within the budget I told him. He also gave me ideas as to where to hold the wedding. Ah basta, ok siya.

Last night, my honey Romy had dinner here at home with my family. He also brought a copy of the Tin Tin Bersola DVD titled Planning Your Dream Wedding. I told him about my meetings and explained the package inclusions. We agreed on what among the inclusions we can make do without, and what we can haggle for. I’m glad he’s someone who listens and is supportive. He’s very practical and understanding. Hindi siya naiinip kapag andami ko pang pinapabasa, pinapakitang lists and fliers, kapag nagdadadaldal ako at nagrereklamo. Dun pa lang blessing na. I couldn’t imagine going through all these tasks with someone else. At times nga I feel that maybe he’s nakukulitan na sa akin, pero still, nakikinig pa rin siya. There are times that I’d just call him up in the middle of the day and rave about some wedding idea I’ve read on the net without even asking if he’s eaten na, or if he’s okay ba. But good thing the Holy Spirit always whispers to me na, “Huy, hinay hinay lang. Tanungin mo muna kung kumain na ba siya, kung busy ba siya.”
Anyway, isn’t God wise and sweet? He not only gave me a fiancĂ©, He also gave me a best friend.

No comments: