Thursday, August 07, 2014

And the Daughter's Got Boo-boos

So my daughter was walking the puppy the other week while my husband was washing the car, and while I was upstairs tidying up the bedroom. Something "told" me to look out the window and see if my husband is almost done so I can set the table. As soon as I looked, I saw an adult dog walking towards where my daughter is. Since my POV is limited because of the walls, I didn't see what happened. No, she didn't get bitten by the dog, thank God! But she tripped when she saw the dog approaching her and our puppy. Afraid of the stranger dog, she walked faster than she should, frightening our puppy as she did. So our pup ran quicker than her, the pup's lease getting in her way and there. Nasty scrapes on both legs, another one on the right shoulder, and a reddish bump on the right cheek. Not to mention that she was covered with mud on legs, feet, hands and arms because it just finished raining that day.


That was her worst boo-boo so far and I knew she was afraid. I was, too because she looked so gusgusin what with all the mud all over her body. I didn't know how to start cleaning her up. After much crying and begging for me not to use water, she eventually said yes. But her cries was echoing not only inside the bathroom, but in the whole house as well. Can't blame her, I used to scream my heart out when I was a kid with a little scratch. After washing her with soap and water, and giving her a quick bath, too (gotta shampoo her hair, there were mud, too!), we let her relax on the couch and started applying the Betadine. To whoever created Betadine, thank you! I remember when I was a kid, there was no Betadine yet and my dad would put Merthiolate... that red liquid that puts more pain on the wound. Betadine doesn't hurt a bit. It only feels cold and wet, but not painful at all. Kids now are lucky because they're spared from experiencing Merthiolate. And yes, barely 3 days after the accident, and learning experience, her wounds are dry and on the fourth day, the crust started falling off.

Now she knows better than to ignore our reminder not to walk further away from the house than she's allowed. Each time she disobeys, we bring her back to that time that she almost got bitten by a dog, and she got mud all over, and she got ugly booboos that she can't wear her skirts and dresses to church. :)

Here, as much as she wanted to wear a skirt for their Nutrition Day Celebration, had to wear leggings to hide her wounds.

No comments: