Thursday, August 28, 2014

Yema Cake! Yema Cake!

Just two weeks ago, my husband went on an out of town trip and brought home a roll of yema cake. It was yummy, but not memorable. Just yesterday, an online group of moms of which I am a member brought up the topic of ordering yema cakes from Quezon Province. I wasn't into it at first because waiting for cake for almost a week (due to delivery schedule) doesn't appeal to me that much. But when one of my friends from the same group mentioned about this bakery near our place that makes super yummy and not too sweet yema cakes, I started to drool! I googled their bakeshop and intended to drop by yesterday. But it took me more time in the bank than I expected so I ended up going home after my errand. But while I was putting my daughter to sleep in the afternoon, I still couldn't stop thinking about the prospect of ordering. I texted them and was super glad to know they deliver to our place! Woohoo!

So today, my first delivery of Kuya Jun's Yummy Yema Cake came and I'm just waiting for my daughter to get home from school, and my husband to wake up from his nap and then we'd attack this mouth-watering piece of creation! Anyway, in case you're curious, the bakeshop has a branch in Cubao, and another one in Rublou Building, near Brookside Hills, Cainta. One whole roll costs P300 while the half roll is P150 (I think!). For deliveries, inform them via text or facebook a day in advance. Let me just mention, too that their rider was also very kind and accommodating.

Here's some photos of the yema cake:

No comments: