Friday, August 08, 2014

Board Games for Five to Six Year Olds


⦁ Scrabble or Junior Scrabble – helps in her vocabulary and spelling. Don’t sweat too much on the rules, though. The important thing is for your child to have fun learning.

⦁ Kiddie Poly – a simpler and easier version of Monopoly. Great for introducing the value of money and starting an entrepreneurial spirit.

⦁ Pictionary – this wasn’t a buy, but a property of mine way back when I was still single. My daughter saw this in my stash and insisted I teach her. She ended up enjoying it. I like the fact that it improves her vocabulary and her drawing skills.

⦁ Snakes and Ladders – a classic indeed. This was one of her first board games and taught her about losing and winning.

⦁ The Game of Life – though this one’s not really a board game, but my girl loved the idea of “living” a posh life.

No comments: