Thursday, August 07, 2014

Home Remedy to Get Rid of Ants

The past couple of months, being the start of the rainy season saw us trying to get rid of ant trails in various spots inside the house. It irritates me so to find them long cues down the staircase, near the dish drier, along the banisters. But to see them on our beds is something I find super intolerable. It breaks my heart to see my daughter's arms and legs red with ant bites in the morning. In fact, today she woke up with a rash on one of the eyelids because an ant bit it.

Since I am aware of the harmful effects of chemical-based sprays, I asked around for natural remedies. I know I've read somewhere about coffee grounds being effective, but that would mean waiting for the weekend as that would be the day I'd go somewhere with a Starbucks branch.

So now I'm opting for suggestion number 2, which is baking powder and sugar. I wonder though if the sugar is safe to have lying around in strategic places, since, it's sweet and might spill and might attract more ants. But anyway, what I gathered was that mixing Baking Powder and sugar and putting them in cups or saucers in places where ants are are effective enough.

And while I'm still here at home and is yet to walk to the nearest supermarket for some baking soda, I might as well try another tip given to me... which is to mix some water and liquid dish soap, put the mixture in a spray bottle. This one sounds cheap and safe enough. Can't wait to try it!

Will update this blog for my review. :)

No comments: