Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Not much 3d in Titanic in 3d

My husband and I watched the Titanic in 3d last Saturday, out of curiosity, actually. I was the one who's really interested because the film, and everything about it interests me alot, even when I was younger, even the first time I saw the movie. We left Aliya with my mom and sister while we went on this "date."

Sta Lucia Grand Mall was the nearest to our place that has it on its screening list. And with less traffic, I chose it over Robinson's Metro East. We caught the 2:40PM screening. It costs P275 each and each ticket comes with either free popcorn and drinks. Being mababaw that I am, I was happy.

Hmm, of course the film elicited the same moving effect on us, maybe more. It made me realize how perfect both Leonardo di Caprio and Kate Winslet are for the roles, how charming and engaging they both were, and how proud James Cameron must be about his masterpiece.

However, it only took a few minutes into the movie for me to conclude that there's not much difference with the 2d and this 3d version. Sure, the intention was well meaning, the Titanic's sinking being exactly 100 years ago, but its being 3d isn't fantastic.

But just the same, I'm still fan and will always be.

No comments: