Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Surprisingly Guiltless Afternoon

I made a self-imposed Me-Time yesterday. Partly it was an act of rebellion because of something stressful happening in my life lately. I dropped everything and didn't give a damn. I tried to focus on what I want to do without thinking of my obligations. Believe me, I haven't done this in years and I am a super responsible adult, but there are times, like yesterday, when I just want to be selfish. And so I left the house, went to the mall, bought stuff I want to buy for myself without thinking of pasalubong for anybody, and spent 2 hours inside the moviehouse watching The Avengers. It was a good choice because the guys entertained me big time. I like the stunts, the dialogue were witty, the action was superb, and Incredible Hulk turned out to be unintentionally and unexpectedly funny. When the movie and my mall time was over, I went back home and went back to my chores and obligations without feeling a bit guilty.

No comments: