Monday, May 07, 2012

I Miss Baguio

My childhood has lots of wonderful memories of Baguio. That's why when I was choosing a UP campus when I was applying for college, I wrote the Baguio campus of the University of the Philippines as my first choice. I was ecstatic when I passed. Thus, I spent the first one and a half years of my college life in Baguio, but because I got bored with Journalism and realized I wanted to pursue Film Making, I transferred to UP Diliman. But I kept going back to Baguio even after that. I even wrote a show where we had a week's worth of episodes shot in Baguio. My co-writer Andrew and I went up and enjoyed a Baguio vacation for free. Shortly before I got married, my family and then fiance spent a weekend there and that was it. That was the last time I was there. This summer, with all the activities and visitors coming over, I couldn't squeeze in even just two days of Baguio. I long to go there even for a weekend, I hope I get to visit the city of Pines and introduce it to my daughter this summer.

No comments: