Monday, May 21, 2012

A Relaxing Weekend, Thank You, Lord!

I have been clamoring for a weekend getaway since a couple of months ago. But since I am maid-less, the list of things to do and errands to run seem unending. I know that an out of town trip is close to impossible, since May is a buys month for my hubby and his team at work, so maybe a dip in a hotel's pool would suffice. When I saw the deal in ensogo on Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern, I got interested. Although I haven't heard of the hotel before, the location won me over. It's only barely 40 minutes away from our place, and I haven't shopped in Greenhills for almost half a year now. It would be like hitting two birds, actually three birds with one stone - a weekend getaway, Aliya to be able to swim, and me to be able to shop. The deal was tempting, only Php2699 for a night, with buffet breakfast for two. Kids 12 yrs old and below are free. After thinking about it, I got my credit card and purchased a voucher. We booked last week, and checked in last Saturday. Aliya was so giggly about the idea, since she's such a fan of hotels. Her first New Year's Eve was spent in Astoria Plaza, her third was in Astoria, two. There were times when we just wanted a quick get-away and we checked in at Richmonde Hotel, or Linden, or even Go, and of course, the hotels we've been to in a few countries. If other kids are called "water babies," Aliya might be considered a "hotel baby?" Hehe, I'm not even sure if there's such a word. Anyway, since we're all there to relax and not think of anything, we decided to remain stress-free... and thank God it's been a stress-free stay indeed. Everything was well provided for, the staff are accommodating, the room is spacious, clean and modern, and housekeeping attendants are swift to attend to our requests. Though the kiddie pool was quite small, Aliya enjoyed it just the same. But she loved the jacuzzi more and spent more time there on our second day. Buffet was good enough, the linens are smooth and inviting, the phone lines to the lobby are never busy. The only thing I didn't like was there wasn't any airconditioning system in the hallways. When our keycard didnt work, I had to go downstairs to speak to the receptionist because there were no emergency phone lines atop the hallway console table. Anyway, it was a nice experience all in all. Romy and I got our retail therapy at the Greenhills tiangge, Aliya enjoyed swimming, and we had a good night's sleep. To God be the glory!!!

No comments: