Friday, May 18, 2012

She Shall Return

Almost a couple of months ago, I ranted about my all around maid's decision to resign and stay for good in her province so she can pursue her secondary education. Yes, she stopped studying after elementary and worked as a maid here in Manila. I was, I think, her 4th employer. Anyway, she was with us for 3 years, being reliable and responsible, and because my daughter loves her, I was terribly hurt when she told me about her decision. Last April, she packed her things and left. We bid her goodbye and sent prayers and wellwishes, and we hired another maid as replacement. However, she texted two weeks ago and told me looks like she's not going to enroll after all. She realized she needed to work, and that she's no longer used to life in the province. To make the long story short, I sent her bus and boat fare yesterday, and now she's purchased the tickets going back to Manila. She's leaving their province on the 23rd, and she'll be here with us again the next day. God works in mysterious ways, and His plans are higher than ours, indeed. :)

No comments: