Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The First Ballerina In the Family

When I was younger, it never occurred to me to take ballet lessons. Though I was relatively mahinhin when I was a child, but ballet never interests me. I remember watching a ballet recital as part of a writing gig, but even if I enjoyed the show, I know it wasn't for me.

Thus, it is somehow a bit of a surprise when early on, Aliya kept saying she wants to study ballet. She's interested in books about ballerinas and enjoys watching the ballet troupe in her school during their presentations.

And so for this summer, we decided to enroll her in ballet class. I paid the tuition today in KILA and went straight to the mall to buy her a set of ballet outfit, complete with ballet shoes. I was tempted to buy another set, but wanted to make sure of the size first.

She put on her outfit as soon as I got home this afternoon from the mall, and boy, she indeed looks sooo cute! Can't wait for her actual lessons to start!

No comments: