Monday, March 19, 2012

Yahoo! Aliya Gets Lots of Awards!

It's Aliya's first year in school, and already, she bagged FIVE awards!

It was their Moving Up Day last Saturday and I was so excited I couldn't sleep the night before. I was more excited than her, partly because I'm so looking forward to watching them in their 1950's production number, and also I was stressing myself because I am in charge of her hair and make up. Yup, I decided against hiring someone professional to fix her hair do (50's style), and put on her make up.

We had a Hair and Make up trial last thursday, not really to prep her up, but to put me in gear. hehe. I wanted to see if I can make it. Aliya was all giggly when I put on rollers, especially when I started putting on make up on her. Lipsticks always intrigued her, and so when she found out my lip gloss actually tastes like watermelon, all the more she started giggling. So cute!

And so the day came, a Saturday and I was up very early. I made sure everything is ready. By 8am, we're ready to fix her up. Well, congrats to me because I was the one who designed her dress, and her hair and make up blended so well! Yiheee!

But the highlight of the day was during the awarding! She got 5 awards, all of them I wasn't expecting!

Here are her awards: Best in Math, First Placer in Coloring Contest, Second Placer in Penmanship Contest, Science Smart, and Most Thoughtful!

Woot! Woot! Congrats, dear Aliya! We are so very proud of you!!!

No comments: