Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Time In Perspective

A few months ago, I mentioned that I was reading John C. Maxwell's book, "Today Matters." The first time I saw it in Bestsellers at The Podium, I knew I wanted to have a copy of it, for it is one of those books that I know I will read and go back to and refer to over and over again. And for my birthday last year, that was one of the things in my wishlist. Guess what, that was one of the things my husband got for me as a present. Teehee.

I've been reading it on a popcorn basis, as I have been simultaneously gorging on various books, too. Multitasking as usual, that's why.

Anyway, today I went to it again and I just want to share what I read this morning. Hope this helps us in our perspective about time.

"To know the value of one year... ask the student who failed the final exam.
To know the value of one month... ask the mother of a premature baby.
To know the value of one week... ask the editor of a weekly newsmagazine.
To know the value of one day... ask the wage earner who has six children.
To know the value of one minute... ask the person who missed the plane.
To know the value of one second... ask the person who survived the accident.
To know the value of one millisecond... ask the Olympic silver medalist."

"Your time is priceless. As Raplh Waldo Emerson advised, 'Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."

No comments: