Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Focus on the Positive

The past few months have been very trying and challenging for our household. A show I was supposed to be working on for at least half of this year didn't push through due to various reasons I cannot control. Thus, my income was dramatically affected. It cost me so many sleepless nights and crying sessions and so much stress. I am guilty of being negative and sometimes hopeless. I am guilty of being frustrated and so depressed that I would rather stay in bed and cry all day... thank God that never happened. But since me and my husband had been through financial difficulties already especially some years ago, I knew the Lord will not let us go dirt poor. The trials of the past years have shaped us and molded us and taught us a lot that this time, though it's still isn't easy, we tend to be more positive and hopeful. I always tell myself, at least now we have savings that we can withdraw from. At least now my husband isn't jobless as when we were in deep financial hardship in 2007. Another benefit that I can see was I am able to spend quantity and quality time for and with my daughter the whole summer. I am able to plan activities for her and we are able to do some homeschooling in preparation for her first year as a gradeschooler. I also started jotting down little blessings and miracles that God sends our way everyday. Indeed, it is very easy to go moping around when times are tough. It takes effort to see the benefits, because sometimes there seem to be just totally nothing. But if we only try to open our eyes and our hearts more, we'd be able to see that in these times of waiting, God still doesn't leave us. He's working behind the scenes and orchestrating things, situations and minds of people in our favor. So as for me and my house, we surrender our lives to the Lord. He will provide and will pour blessings that we ourselves wont be able to contain.

No comments: