Sunday, June 22, 2014

Oh, Nanny!

The past couple of days have been very stressful for me (as if my life recently isn't filled with enough stress) because our househelp has been mentioning about going back to the province. First she said her father is always sick and wants her around, the next reason was that her parents both prefer she study in Leyte and stop working altogether. She also mentioned something about her older sister's employer needing additional help and that she's thinking of moving there.

I know it would be less expenses for us if she leaves because that'd mean nobody to give salary to, but I'm also thinking of my daughter who loves her already, what with six years of working with us already. I don't know if I should talk to her again, because I already did last Saturday, and then again this morning.

She's far from perfect, but having her leave would mean a lot of adjustments in our household. I am not blind to the advantages, but I can also see the disadvantages. We have survived not having a maid around and we did fine, but what I'm really concerned about is how my daughter will adjust and feel. Sigh. Heavy sigh.

Will post update soon. I'm praying for the best to happen. The best, in Jesus' Name. Amen!

No comments: