Thursday, June 26, 2014

Top Ten Brands of Baby Stuff I Would Recommend


When my daughter was barely a year old, I was an almost clueless mom when it comes to brands I should patronize and buy for my baby. I remember being at the store, feeling overwhelmed with the choices available around me, bombarded even by suggestions and advice, both solicited and otherwise, from a lot of people. Looking back, I can say that the following products are the ones I have trie and tested and that I had somehow forged a loyal relationship with those products that I like. A loyalty that triggered me to jot down my top ten picks which might be of help to clueless moms out there.


10. Safety 1st Inflatable Bath Tub – bought this when my daughter Aliya was around 6 months old. I love this because she loves taking a bath in it. The sea lion prints are interesting to her and the hole underneath makes draining it as easy as 1-2-3.


9. Your Baby Can Read DVD – We invested in this when she was 3 months old, as a Christmas gift. A set of 5 dvds, it also comes with 5 books that your child can read when she is older. I highly recommend this because this helped a lot when Aliya was learning the names of her body parts and names of animals. She’s now almost 2 years old and she still loves participating to the prompts that Dr. Titzer, its creator, says.

8. Cycles Mild Laundry Detergent – mild and nice smelling.

7. Farlin Stove-top Sterilizer/Chicco Electric Sterilizer – very reliable. We sterilize everyday, but have not wonked out on us yet

6. Nivea Baby Shampoo/ Babyflo Baby Shampoo – mild and their sweet smell lingers for hours.

5. The Landmark, Ever Gotesco and SM Department Store - for very affordable baby wear. Ever Gotesco carries a line that sells pj’s, shorts, shirts and bibs that are around Php120.00 for three pieces already.

4. What to Expect the 1st Year, What To Expect the Toddler Years – being a fan of What To Expect When You’re Expecting, I also find these two books helpful and insightful. Kudos to authors Arlene Eisenberg, Heidi E. Murkoff, and Sandee E. Hathaway, BSN.ome back to using this variety.



2. Desitin Diaper Rash Ointment – works wonders, really effective and fast-acting relief indeed!

1. Avent Feeding Bottles – more expensive than other brands, no doubt, but I really started appreciating Avent Bottles when Aliya’s fascination of dropping things from toys to bolsters to cellphones to feeding bottles began. Her low-end bottles cracked right after one throwing fit but Avent continues to withstand my little one’s enormous pleasure of the dropsies.

No comments: